Halloween is almost here and I am sure some of you are already carving pumpkins! Kiarna from The Hip Horticulturalist Blog asked me to share my favorite recipe, perfect for those pumpkin leftovers from Halloween. Today I am sharing a recipe for pumpkin pudding or Tembleque de Calabaza (thats how we call it here in PR).
The ingredients for this recipe are easy to find and it will not take you more than 30 minutes to get it done. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. Don’t forget to use #SheEats on Instagram if you decide to replicate this recipe!
Note: Before following the recipe make sure you have boiled and cooked your leftover pumpkin.
1 1/2 Cups of cooked Mashed Pumpkin
1/2 Cup of milk
1 Can of Coconut Cream
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1 1/8 Cups Cornstarch
6 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
1. On a pan add the pumpkin (1 1/2 cups), the coconut milk and coconut cream. Mix them together until combined. Place the pan on the stove in low heat.
2. On a separate bowl mixed the Cornstarch (1 1/8 cups), sugar (6 tablespoons), and salt. Make sure you sift the Cornstarch!
3. Add the dry ingredients to the pan and stir on medium temperature.
4. Add cinammon and vanilla and continue mixing until the mixture boils and has a thick consistency. This will take 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Serve and let it cool for 15 minutes before refrigirating for 3 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
This Pumpkin Pudding is easy to make and delicious. Its not only perfect for pumpkin leftover, but it is also the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving.
Click here for more Pumpkin Recipes!
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Don’t forget to pin it and share it with your friends.
Pin this Pumpkin Pudding for later: